Wednesday, January 14, 2009

*sniff*

...uuurgh. I have Additional Lurgy in the form of a cold.

Happily it's not the rotten sort of headcold that wimps try to insist is "flu". Just a cold that is a cold that is a cold, with a sinus-y headache, a sore throat, and a metric smegload of snot.

*GRONK*

...uuurgh...

So yeah, another job in the paper I'm thinking of going for. It's a receptionist/admin assistant position, 15 hours a week, for a children's charity. BUT, I have to phone the Mr Director for "an informal chat" about the position, and right now on the phone I sound so icky and goopy and contagious that he'd probably want to autoclave the phone after speaking to me, rather than encouraging me to send in a germy application form. So it'll have to wait a couple of days.

In better news, I'm on track to become an employer myself - my Direct Payments are ready to go just as soon as I've advertised for, interviewed and selected a personal assistant. For this I have sought assistance from the Rowan Organisation but if anyone's got any top tippery they care to share, the comments are open as usual.

5 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Get well soon!

Mandy said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Mary said...

Thanks guys - this one kind of surprised me on Wednesday morning so if I was spreading it about on Tuesday night I am so, so sorry...

El Matador said...

Thanks for the link to Rowan Organisation with my little girl fast growing up these sort of links really help out.

DD said...

Hope you get rid of the bug, I had one and it was awful.